Sunday, June 12, 2011

What I'm liking today

A word:
(I was going to put fashion first, seeing as this is a fashion blog, but I find this a little bit too interesting, and maybe even beautiful, to not put first.)
According to this entry at Urban Dictionary, the world "Mamihlapinatapai" (from Tierra del Fuego) means:

"Two people looking at each other each hoping the other will do what both desire but neither is willing to do."

I find it beautiful, because I've had so many of those kinds of looks, and it's so nice to have a word to describe it, a word to think back on when it happens - I think I'll be using it more often in my diary! ;)

Photobucket

Fashion:

Photobucket
This is the dress I'll wear at next year's Oscars, because I've obviously been invited to the show! (Yes, for sure, why wouldn't I be?! haha)

Photobucket
Can I steal her hair colour? IT'S SO GORGEOUS! I'll definitely be looking for it in stores - I've never dyed my hair before, but it's probably a bit dark for summer, and a bit useless to do because I'll be swimming a lot, but it'll be good for winter! OH YEAH, I also love her dress, it's so classy and sleek! ;)

Music:

Corinne Bailey Rae - The Sea


Tegan and Sara - Superstar
(It's my new badass song!)

For those of you who like the telivision show "One Tree Hill" (it's my guilty pleasure, and it's actually a great show), check out an awesome video of Brooke Davis set to "Superstar" here.

Health:
7 random uses for used tea bags:
Photobucket

What are you guys liking today? Which link/section of this post is your favourite?

xo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment